In order to create a download URL and avoid direct HTML links in WordPress, you can follow the steps below:
- Upload your file to the WordPress media library. To do this, go to Media -> Add New and upload your file.
- Once your file has been uploaded, click on the “Edit” button next to the file.
- Under the “File URL” section, copy the URL that is displayed.
- Install and activate the “Download Monitor” plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Once the plugin is activated, go to Downloads -> Add New in the WordPress admin panel.
- Add a title for your download and then paste the file URL you copied earlier into the “Download File URL” field.
- You can then customize the download settings as desired, such as adding a description, setting a featured image, and specifying a category.
- Save your download and then copy the shortcode that is displayed in the “Shortcode” field.
- To add the download link to a page or post, simply paste the shortcode into the content area.
This will create a download link that is managed by the Download Monitor plugin, which provides additional features such as download tracking and statistics. It also helps to avoid direct HTML links to your files.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
Was this article helpful?
Last modified: February 22, 2023