The “Are you sure you want to do this” error in WordPress is a security feature that is triggered when a user tries to perform an action that is not authorized. This error can occur when a user is not logged in, or when a user’s session has expired. Here are some steps you can try to fix this error:
- Check if you are logged in: Make sure you are logged in to your WordPress site. If you are not logged in, log in and try the action again.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, the error can be caused by a cached version of the page. Clearing your browser cache and cookies can help to fix the issue.
- Increase the PHP Memory Limit: The error message may appear if your PHP memory limit is too low. You can increase the PHP memory limit by editing the wp-config.php file and adding this line of code: define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
- Check for Theme and Plugin Conflicts: Sometimes, a theme or plugin can cause conflicts that prevent certain actions from being performed. Try disabling all plugins and switching to a default WordPress theme to see if that resolves the issue.
- Update your WordPress version: Outdated version of WordPress can cause this error to happen, make sure that you are running the latest version of WordPress.
- Check your website security plugin: If you have a website security plugin installed, check the settings and make sure that it is not blocking any legitimate requests.
If you’ve tried these steps and the problem persists, it may be best to reach out to a developer or your hosting provider for further assistance.
Last modified: March 3, 2023